When positions are available with our team they will be listed below. Please click through for further details, including role description and application details. You can also subscribe to receive job alerts and be the first to hear about upcoming recruitment. Please note that this subscription is separate to our regular newsletter.
Expression of Interest
Lead, The Edge
POSITION: Lead, The Edge
BRANCH/PORTFOLIO: Community Connections / Public Libraries and Engagement
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Flexible Full-Time
DURATION: To 29 March 2019
CLOSING DATE: 5pm Friday 27 July 2018
ENQUIRIES: Louise Denoon (07) 3842 9156 email@example.com
As Lead of The Edge, you will be leading a dynamic team that offers hands-on digital and analogue experiences to create the knowledge, stories, and skills needed for innovation in the 21st century.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Delivering high quality front-of-house facilities and programs to creative industry clients, sponsors and partners while meeting SLQ service commitments
• Managing a high performing The Edge team while ensuring professional and responsive services to clients. This includes planning and overseeing the day to day workflows of the team, and delivering on key service objectives and organisational priorities
• Leading the creation and development of programs and services linked to SLQ’s strategies focusing on creative experimentation and virtual ideas across various industries such as enterprise, arts, science and technology
• Reviewing, evaluating and reporting on current programs and services to ensure that they meet SLQ’s service delivery targets. This includes the management of contractual obligations, measuring client satisfaction levels, attendance quotas, quality standards and operational objectives
• Building new and improving on current relationships with clients as well as interested organisations and parties in the community to increase engagement services, collections and programs. This includes managing partnership assessments, agreements and evaluations
• Investigating current trends and consulting with key stakeholders across SLQ, public libraries, industry, government and private sector including agencies in the cultural precinct. Examining enterprise, art, science and technology developments while ensuring engagement in community collaborations
• Resolving and reporting of issues and complaints relating to the quality of programs and services, event organisation and staff delivery. This includes conducting inquiries, mediating discussions and managing outcomes
• Representing SLQ on both internal and external user groups, committees, programs and working groups. This includes collaborating with communities of practice, industry bodies, government organisations and targeted specialist services
• Undertaking business improvement activities including the development, management and maintenance of relevant policies and procedures ensuring they meet best practice and SLQ requirements
• Working effectively with colleagues and peers while contributing to a productive and positive work environment in times of change and uncertainty. This includes being a proactive member of the Public Libraries & Engagement leadership team and an active participant in portfolio planning and initiatives
• Participating in, contributing to and/or managing financial, human resource and/or ICT responsibilities as per the organisational delegations
For additional information about the position please contact the enquiries officer stated above.
How to apply
To be considered for this vacancy, please provide the following information:
• Your résumé, demonstrating your knowledge, skills, ability, experience and capability to do the role.
• Two (2) referees from the last two years. Your referees should have a thorough knowledge of your work performance and conduct. One of these referees need to be your most recent supervisor.
• A maximum two (2) page statement that must include your response to the following two (2) questions:
1. Describe a change management process you have been responsible for. What were the issues and how did you overcome them?
2. Describe a complex project you have managed. How did you develop and deliver the project and what were the outcomes?
• For each question, you will need to describe a specific example outlining the situation, tasks, actions and results that show your knowledge, skills, ability and experience relevant to the role
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 27 July 2018.