State Library of Qld (SLQ) Management agrees to allow the Hirer to use part of The Edge for the Event on the terms and conditions set out and below. By signing and returning the acknowledgement form, you agree to the terms and conditions of hire.
1. Venue and Hiring Period
- 1.1. The venue is defined at Item 1. The hiring period is defined at Item 2
- 1.2. The hirer will vacate the venue rooms by the agreed time of the conclusion of the period of hire. All goods, properties or materials brought in by, or on behalf of the hirer, must be removed from the venue rooms and the Library’s premises by the end of the period of hire. The hirer may incur an additional charge if the hiring period is extended.
2. Approval of Events
- 2.1. All events are subject to the final approval of the State Library. The State Library reserves the right to cancel any event which does not meet its policies or procedures.
3. Other functions
- 3.1. State Library reserves the right to book other events in the same venue up to an hour before the scheduled event setup and an hour after the scheduled finishing time. We also reserve the right to book a concurrent event in adjoining rooms at any one time.
4. Venue Hire Fees
- 4.1. Quotes for venue hire are inclusive of standard cleaning post the event and use of standard equipment as detailed. All other costs are additional. These include, but are not limited to, front of house and technical staffing, additional equipment, digital signage, catering, staging, entertainment, and parking.
- 4.2. Security is required at an additional fee for all functions where guest numbers exceed 100 people and which include the service of alcohol for more than one hour.
- 4.3. Quotes will vary depending on the scale and nature of each event and the staffing and equipment required to implement the set-up for the event.
5. Payment Schedule
- 5.1. The Hiring Fee for the Event Facilities is detailed at Items 3. Payments will be due as follows:
- 5.1.1. A 50% deposit payment may be required on confirmation of your booking (Item 4)
- 5.1.2. Full payment for your booking is due on the conclusion of your event. Invoices will be issued for payment which can be made by direct deposit or by cheque (Item 5)
- 5.2. Costs for Additional Services will also be payable for any services or expenses which you ask us to provide or incur for your Event. We will advise you of Additional Charges when they are incurred (Item 6)
6. Cancellation Policy
- 6.1.If you cancel your event after: An email confirmation has been received, or a signed Event Plan or Venue Hire Agreement has been received. The following charges apply:
- 6.1.1. 120 days or more before the Event – no cancellation fee and SLQ will refund any deposit paid
- 6.1.2. Between 90 and 120 days before the Event – a cancellation fee equal to 10% of the agreed charges.
- 6.1.3. Between 60 and 90 days before the Event – a cancellation fee equal to 30% of the agreed charges.
- 6.1.4. Between 30 and 60 days before the Event – a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the agreed charges.
- 6.1.5. On or after 30 days before the Event – a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the agreed charges
- 6.2. State Library may apply any deposits paid by the Hirer towards payment of the cancellation fees.
- 7.1. If insurance is required for your Event It will be noted at Item 7 of the Schedule. If insurance is not required clauses 7.2 and 7.3 will not apply.
- 7.2. You must effect a policy of public and products liability insurance:
- 7.2.1. in which SLQ Management is named as an insured but only in respect of Hirer’s use of Event Facilities or the Centre;
- 7.2.2. for any occurrence happening during the Hiring Period or the Event; and
- 7.2.3. for an amount in respect of any 1 occurrence of not less than $10,000,000
- 7.3. We will require a certificate of insurance to be presented at least 3 days prior to the commencement of the Hiring Period.
8. Finalising details for the Event
- 8.1. All details for the Event, including the room set, audio visual requirements, and the number of people who will be attending the Event, must be finalised with us by no later than 7 days from the commencement of the Hiring Period.
9. Food and beverages
- 9.1. The hirer will not bring into or provide or sell in the venue spaces or the Building, food and beverages (whether alcoholic or not), without the prior approval of SLQ.
- 9.2. SLQ has a list of preferred caterers approved for catering at The Edge. If an alternative caterer is sourced, we must be notified and the caterer must supply all catering documentation including: Brisbane City Council Food Safety Certificate and appropriate Liquor Licence. If caterers are using electrical equipment it must be appropriately tested and tagged. Any hot works undertaken require a hot works permit prior to the commencement of the work taking place.
- 9.3. The Edge does not have a kitchen, food preparation or cooking facilities.
10. Responsible Service of Alcohol
- 10.1. Alcoholic beverages can only be consumed by patrons over the legal drinking age of 18 years. Proof of age may be requested by management or staff at any time. If your guests are unable to produce ID, they will be refused service.
- 10.2. Any intoxicated or disorderly behaviour by the hirer or visitors to the venue will result in refusal of service and the patron will be asked to leave the venue.
- 10.3. The Edge is not a licensed venue.
- 11.1. Parking arrangements are to be made directly between the hirer and the operators of the Cultural Precinct Carparks.
12. Loss and Damages
- 12.1. Loss or damage to the property, carpet, fixtures and fittings caused by the client or guests will be the Hirer’s responsibility and all appropriate charges must be paid no later than 14 days after the event.
13. Signage & Display
- 13.1. No items are to be nailed, pinned, screwed, glued or otherwise attached to the walls of any area of the venues unless otherwise approved by the venue.
14. Entertainment and Sound Levels
- 14.1. SLQ reserves the right to monitor sound levels at your event and make alterations to sound levels to ensure the event complies with the noise restrictions of the venue and does not adversely affect other activities within the building.
- 15.1. All deliveries for your event must be arranged with and approved by SLQ in advance of the hire period.
- 16.1. Smoking is not permitted within The Edge or State Library buildings. Guests needing to smoke may do so in compliance with the relevant legislation in areas external to the SLQ buildings.
17. Audio visual requirements
- 17.1. The Edge will be responsible for supply of audio visual equipment for your event. However, if we are unable to supply the audio visual equipment required, you may provide your own audio visual equipment following approval of management. It must be compatible with the SLQ’s audio visual systems and comply with applicable specifications and standards.
18. Your obligations
- 18.1. For your Event, you will be required to:
- 18.1.1. obtain all applicable permits, licenses, approvals, consents or authorities
- 18.1.2. For your Event. We may ask you to produce evidence of any such permit prior to the Hiring Period;
- 18.1.3. Ensure that you comply with all applicable legal requirements and industry standards; and
- 18.1.4. Ensure that the Event is conducted in a manner which is safe and secure
- 18.2. You must also ensure that:
- 18.2.1. the conduct of your Event does not cause us to breach any legal requirements, permits, licences, approvals, consents or authorities which are applicable to SLQ or your Event; and
- 18.2.2. we do not suffer any loss or damage as a result of your Event
19. Release & Indemnity
- 19.1. You use the Event Facilities at your own risk.
- 19.2. You irrevocably release us from, and indemnify us against, any loss, damage, liability or claims suffered, incurred or arising in respect of the Event or your use of the Event Facilities.
- 20.1. We make no representations about the suitability of SLQ or the Event Facilities for your Event. We recommend that you inspect SLQ and the Event Facilities to ensure that they are suitable.
21. Force Majeure
- 21.1. If an event of force Majeure happens, we will be entitled to retain any advance payment made by you, or claim from you, all actual costs or expenses we have incurred in respect of your Event. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage you suffer if an event of force Majeure happens.
- 22.1. Unless expressly stated, all amounts referred to are inclusive of GST. You are responsible for any GST that we are obliged to pay in connection with a Taxable Supply we make to you. You must pay any such GST when we present you with a Tax Invoice.
- 23.1. If you do not comply with any of the terms and conditions set out in this letter, then we can:
- 23.1.1. attempt to rectify the failure to comply;
- 23.1.2. cancel your reservation; and/or
- 23.1.3. terminate our contract with you
- 23.2. If we cancel your reservation or terminate our contract, we will then have no further responsibility to you.