Meet with other crafters looking to take that plunge into turning their creations into small businesses and opportunities to sell their awesome. Share in the experiences of those people that have gone before and have already made all the elementary mistakes.
This workshop is presented by Kat Johnston of Fractured Lace who will share her stories and experience of running a business creating handmade fascinators and custom designed jewellery in a highly competitive market.
Topics will include (but may not be limited to):
– Basic business planning and roadmapping
– Working out what makes you unique
– Defining and connecting with your target market
– Diversifying your income
– Defining success
In short, it will get your thinking started on what you would like your business to be, and working out how to get there. Theories presented will be applicable across all business types, but will be especially useful for artists or craftspeople in particular.
- Workshops at The Edge are suitable for participants aged 16 and over, unless otherwise stated.
- For details on cancellations and refunds and exchanges please refer to our booking policy. But, in short, we can refund tickets with minimum 7 days’ notice.