Last year saw an incredible surge in demand for direct to consumer genetic tests – but it raises a lot of questions…
- What exactly is a genetic test?
- How is your privacy protected when you take a genetic test?
- Do some companies make money selling your genetic data to third parties?
- How anonymous can DNA data ever be?
- Who even owns our DNA?
- And what does all this have to do with cryptocurrencies?
Join us as Dr Caitlin Curtis discusses these questions and more, while looking deeper into the complicated world of genetic testing and privacy.
Find out more about our Venue Partner, The Edge, State Library of Queensland, visit: edgeqld.org.au