Calling all photography lovers, amateurs, enthusiasts and pros alike.
Come and join us in a series of events in which we will discover mobile photography, improve our skills, be part of a community and explore the stories that surround us together!
We want to help Brisbanites explore their creative storytelling skills. Photography has the power to connect & allows for meaning to be conveyed beyond words and, in this way, is a very inclusive form of art.
In terms of practicalities:
- Meetups take place every 3rd Sunday of the month at The Edge, in Southbank
- Meetups last for one hour and you’ll have time to mingle before, as well as go for a ‘photo-walk’ afterwards to network and try out your new skills.
- Each meetup covers one theme and, through mentoring and training, allows you to discover and enjoy your new photographic and storytelling skills in your own way.
- Meetups are collaborative, and you are encouraged to bring and produce your own work.
At the end of the series, in April you will have the chance to exhibit works that you have developed through these meetups. A jury will select the exhibited pieces. The exhibition will open on Thursday the 26th of April at the Richard Randall Art Studio and run through to Sunday the 29th of April, with selected activities and workshops.
Program | Meetup 2 ・ Photo editing tools
- What will we focus on?
Unlock the full potential of your smartphone & learn to use a selection of photography apps
- And in more detail…?
You will learn which photo editing tools are available and how to start using them
- What will you learn?
You will gain an overview of the different photo editing tools and how to use them
- What you could prepare ahead…?
Bring your pictures to work on them during the meet-up
How to get to the meetup?
- The meet-ups are held at The Edge (Stanley Place, Cultural Centre, South Bank)
- When you get here, take the first flight of stairs on your right as you enter The Edge. The meet-ups are on the mezzanine with amazing views of Victoria bridge and the city.
- Lost? No worries – simply give Sabrina a call on 0410 294 760 and she can help you find your way.
What to bring to the meetup?
- A big smile, a bit of energy and the desire to learn together and from each other
- Smartphone Camera with plenty of charged batteries and some memory
- Comfortable shoes, sunscreen and a water bottle (for the photowalks)
- If you’ve never really taken pictures until today – don’t worry, we’re here to learn from each other. You’ll soon realise you knew more than you expected!
Find out more about our community at PhotographyInBrisbane.com.