The Edge’s open access Makerspace and Fabrication Lab provides the equipment and tools for your curiosity and imagination to come alive. In the basement you’ll have access to a range of resources and equipment including: Sewing Machines and Overlockers, 3D Printers, Hand Tool and Soldering Irons, Vinyl Cutters and more! To gain access to this equipment, successfully complete a safety induction on your chosen resource, then it’s yours to book and use it free of charge.
In this induction you will learn how to safely operate our range of hand tools and soldering irons. You will learn how to use basic hand tools such as saws and screwdrivers and learn how to solder.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE.
Please register for an Edge Account. You will need an account to complete the induction, assessment and make bookings for the equipment.
FOR SAFETY REASONS.
- You must be 16 years or over to enrol and attend a Fabrication Lab induction.
- Please ensure you wear enclosed, flat footwear to your induction.
- If this induction is sold out, and you’d like to know if a seat becomes available, please sign up to ourWeekly Scoop.
- Facility inductions are released in the third week of the month for the following month. For example September inductions will be released in week three of August.
- Inductions and workshops at The Edge are suitable for participants aged 16 and over, unless otherwise stated.
- For details on cancellations and refunds and exchanges please refer to our booking policy. But, in short, we can refund tickets with minimum 7 days’ notice.
The Fabrication Lab, in The Edge basement, is a creative space with a host of resources for you to bring your creative visions to life. The Edge offers free access to manufacturing equipment such as: 3D Printers, Laser Cutter, CNC Machines, Hand tools, soldering irons, sewing machines and overlockers. All the machines and equipment are free to access and use once a resource safety induction has been successfully completed. The Edge offers open lab time, supervised by a fabrication and machine specialist to assist you with troubleshooting and use of the machines. If you are an artist, designer, industrial designer, crafter, sewer, fashion designer, tinkerer, hacker or entrepreneur then this is the space for you to bring your ideas to life.