Book and use the Recording Studio for free, once you’ve successfully completed your induction. Please note, completion of the induction does not guarantee availability of the studio, as it is subject to demand.
The Edge’s Recording Studio provides access to near-professional equipment and specialist software for recording, mixing, editing and mastering. Recording studio hire is free; however you first must complete a Recording Studio induction, which runs approximately once every three weeks.
The costs for the induction session are:
- $150 for those with no Pro Tools experience: this three hour session will include an introduction to the Recording Studio environment and an introduction to Pro Tools
- $50 for those with Pro Tools experience: this one hour session will introduce users to the Recording Studio environment
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Inductions will only go ahead if all places are filled. In the instance that the session is cancelled a full refund or a credit for the next session will be offered.
- Please register for an Edge Account before you arrive. You will need an account to complete the induction, assessment and make bookings for the equipment
Before you book, please read our Short Courses FAQ. You’ll find answers to age restrictions, what to bring, what to do if you’re running late, refunds and more. For more detailed information, please refer to our Booking Terms and Conditions.
To find out more about what’s on offer at The Edge, read up on our Fabrication Lab and community makerspace.