You might have heard (or seen) that we have a laser cutter in the Fabrication Lab. This piece of machinery is one of our favourites; it’s fast, incredibly precise and can (with some imagination) create beautiful items, from jewellery and wallets, to lampshades and signage.
In this four hour workshop we’ll show you how to use Adobe to design objects which are then ready to be cut or etched on the laser.
At the end of the workshop you’ll walk away with:
– A cardboard lampshade with your own original laser cut design
– Some basic skills in Adobe Illustrator and,
– Have completed the Laser Induction which allows you to book our laser cutter for free in open lab times
NB. The workshop will be using a different design than depicted
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Enclosed, flat footwear must be worn at all times
- Please register for an Edge Account before you arrive. You will need an account to complete the induction, assessment and make bookings for the equipment