Nail perfect layouts for business cards, posters and brochures in this intermediate InDesign course.
WHAT TO EXPECT.
Over 4 hours we’ll cover:
- Selecting the right tools for the job
- Understanding and navigating the interface
- Setting up document pages and (the very handy!) master pages
- Transforming, arranging and aligning objects
- Pre-flight checks, exporting and packaging documents for print and sharing
- General design skills: design elements, hierarchy, colour, contrast, grids and placements
- At the end of the session you will walk away with a document ready for the printing press
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW.
- This is an intermediate course, and we recommend having some understanding of of InDesign, its common tools and terminology. We suggest completing the free course, InDesign 1: Adobe InDesign for beginners before attending this course, or learning the basics via Lynda.com (see more info below)
- We supply the hardware and software, so all you need to bring is a USB or external hard drive to save your work, and something to take notes with.
- If you’re new to the Mac platform, or you think you might need a refresh, we recommend attending one of our Free Intro to Mac classes, held monthly, before attending this course.
- For this course you’ll be using the latest version of InDesign: Adobe Creative Cloud
- If this course is booked out, or if you are unable to attend on the scheduled dates, why not up-skill via Lynda.com? As an SLQ member, you have free access to Lynda.com with thousands of online courses and tutorials. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the Weekly Scoop for last minute course availability.
- Courses and workshops at The Edge are suitable for participants aged 16 and over, unless otherwise stated.
- For details on cancellations and refunds and exchanges please refer to our booking policy. But, in short, we can refund tickets with minimum 7 days’ notice.
If you are a novice graphic designer, entrepreneur, small business owner, blogger, creative type or just keen to up-skill, then The Edge has something for you! Each month we offer a calendar of free and paid creative short courses and workshops. You will find courses in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects and WordPress. To find out more about our Brisbane based courses and workshops, visit The Edge What’s On calendar.