Create slick documents for digital publications in this advanced InDesign course.
WHAT TO EXPECT.
Over 5 hours we’ll walk you through all the elements of creating an e-publication:
- Powerful tools for streamlining the editing process
- Designing for digital devices: from Kindle to iPad and online magazines like Issuu
- Configuring documents properly from the outset
- Converting existing documents to a format appropriate for digital publication
- Navigation techniques
- InDesign’s built in features that will enhance your publication
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW.
- This is an intermediate to advanced course, and we recommend having some understanding of InDesign, its common tools and terminology. We suggest completing InDesign 1: Adobe InDesign for beginners and InDesign 2: Designing layouts in Adobe InDesign before attending this course, or learning the equivalent via Lynda.com (see more info below)
- We supply the hardware and software, so all you need to bring is a USB or external hard drive to save your work, and something to take notes with.
- If you’re new to the Mac platform, or you think you might need a refresh, we recommend attending one of our Free Intro to Mac classes, held monthly, before attending this course.
- For this course you’ll be using the latest version of InDesign: Adobe Creative Cloud
- If this course is booked out, or if you are unable to attend on the scheduled dates, why not up-skill via Lynda.com? As an SLQ member, you have free access to Lynda.com with thousands of online courses and tutorials. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the Weekly Scoop for last minute course availability.
- Courses and workshops at The Edge are suitable for participants aged 16 and over, unless otherwise stated.
- For details on cancellations and refunds and exchanges please refer to our booking policy. But, in short, we can refund tickets with minimum 7 days’ notice.
If you are a novice graphic designer, entrepreneur, small business owner, blogger, creative type or just keen to up-skill, then The Edge has something for you! Each month we offer a calendar of free and paid creative short courses and workshops. You will find courses in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects and WordPress. To find out more about our Brisbane based courses and workshops, visit The Edge What’s On calendar.