The Pacific Fashion Festival is a cultural spectacle of art, design and history translated into fashion.
Behind the Pacific Fashion Festival lies a higher purpose and vision.
Pacific Fashion Festival is a conscience concept created by The Leniata Legacy to showcase, develop and nurture talent for the economic empowerment of our Pacific communities whilst advocating against family and gender violence. Proactive and creative advocacy aligned with cultural celebration shines a light on an issue very hidden and shamed in our communities to create an open and safe dialogue. In addition, this initiative also embraces cultural diversity, unity, positive body image, confidence and family values.
Our Vision is…
- To create a bold platform for nurturing and developing talent
- To showcase the rich cultural beauty of the Pacific
- To create a platform of mentorship between designers, models and business networks
- To harness the fashion platform for socially responsible goals, in particular, advocating against family and gender-based violence in the Pacific, indigenous Australia and CALD communities
- To promote enrepreneurship in the community in a rapidly changing economy where creativity and ingenuity has become the new literacy
Australia is a world stage that allows multicultural communities to participate in a cultural exchange of endless beauty and is also a vibrant market viable for endless opportunity in a competitive market.
This year the Theme is Rio in the Pacific. So guests are encouraged to dress in their own creative interpretation of Rio in the Pacific. Photos will be taken on our media wall for promotions. Our very own live Milagro band will be playing to ensure that you feel like you are in Rio.
We are also excited to announce that the South Pacific Dance Group will be performing this year. So get ready to be entertained.
To learn more about The Leniata Legacy, you can find us on www.facebook.com/theleniatalegacy or our website www.leniatalegacy.com