Community organisations and service providers that represent diversity in Queensland are invited to have your say on how State Library of Queensland can best work with you and your community.
At the community consultation workshop, you will learn about the programs, services and spaces you can access through SLQ. You will also have the opportunity to share ideas about how we can work together to make SLQ all yours.
We request that you nominate an attendee with experience and knowledge of your community to attend one of these consultation workshops. All opinions and points of view will be taken from an individual perspective, and not attributed to organisations.
Date: Sunday 4 June
Time: 9.30am – 2.00pm
Where: The Edge Auditorium, The Edge, State Library of Queensland
|9.30am Registration, Welcome, Tea and Coffee|
|10.00am What is the State Library of Queensland and what do we do?|
|11.00am Tell us: How the State Libary can be ‘all yours’?|
|1pm-2pm Optional tour – State Library of Queensland|
State Library of Queensland is accessible by all forms of public transport and is in walking distance from:
- Cultural Centre Busway Station
- South Brisbane Train Station
- South Bank CityCat Terminals
Car Parking (parking fees apply) is available at the following local car parks:
- Stanley Place car park – enter via the Cultural Precinct tunnel or Stanley Place.
- Queensland Art Gallery/Queensland Museum car partk – enter via the Cultural Precinct tunnel
- Queensland Performing Arts Centre car park – enter via the Cultural Precinct tunnel
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibiion Centre – enter via Stanley or Merrivale Street
- South Bank Parklands underground car park – enter via Tribune or Little Stanley Street
If you are unable to attend this event please advise us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 3842 9975 as soon as possible so we can offer your place to someone else. SLQ films, records and photographs events for use in marketing and communications. If you do not wish to be filmed, recorded or photographed please advise SLQ staff upon your arrival.