When a run-of-the-mill chocolate egg just won’t do!
In this two-part workshop we go beyond the realms of store-bought or homemade chocolate eggs and venture into 3D printing, moulding, vacuum forming and rotocasting to create the ultimate custom chocolate creation.
Over two Sunday afternoons design, print, mould and cast unique eggs, bunnies, dachshunds, rockets and (almost) any other shape or object you can think of (and find a thingverse file for!).
- Workshop 1 is all about designing and printing your 3D masterpiece – we’ll take you through a 3D printing induction and show you how to create or edit a design for printing.
- Workshop 2 you’ll learn how to vacuum form your object and cast tempered chocolate using an in-house rotocaster, achieving an even and uniform coverage of chocolate. At the end of the session, you’ll take home your one-of-a-kind hollow chocolate creation.
Participants must be available to attend both sessions:
- Workshop 1 – Sunday 2 April, 1-4pm
- Workshop 2 – Sunday 9 April, 1-4pm
- $45 total (for both workshops)
- Participants must be over 16 years of age
- Enclosed, flat footwear must be worn at all times
- Please register for an Edge Account before you arrive. You will need an account to complete the induction, assessment and make bookings for the equipment
About TRYIT Workshops.
TRYIT Workshops are all about trying something new, testing new skills and experimenting. Launching a workshop series like TRYIT allows us to be reactive to what’s happening around us; it gives us a platform to offer programs that you’ve told us you want, and with a short turn-around time. Workshops generally run for 2 hours and explore a different skill, plus you’ll always have something to take home with you at the end.